+44 (0) 1202 701 828
Poole Harbour Commissioners (PHC) is responsible for managing the port in Poole Harbour, for the common good and long-term sustainability of the whole harbour and its stakeholders.
Liz Lean PR has worked with PHC for more than three years to manage communications surrounding the organisation’s Master Plan; a government-requested piece of work which sets out how the port authority is to remain sustainable for the next 25 years.
We created a strategy to reach its target audiences and manage key messages, including:
- Media relations; editorial briefings
- Engagement with schools
- Events targeting local business stakeholders
- Public consultation events; shopping centres and other venues
- Almost 100 speaker opportunities created for CEO and Chairman
- Social media tools created and managed
- Media campaigns; consumer competitions, etc
- Marketing materials explaining the purpose of the Master Plan
- Networking and one-to-one stakeholder liaison
We were a finalist in 2013 for the CIPR Pride Awards’ social media category. This recognised our social media strategy, which supported the aims of communications surrounding PHC’s Master Plan. Poole was the first Port Authority in the UK to use social media effectively, and we were able to use it to increase engagement and turn around perceptions of PHC’s role.
PHC has seen vast benefits from the work we have done. It is now perceived as a more effective and approachable organisation, which is winning hearts and minds and achieving its goals with least resistance for its Master Plan.